Tuesday, December 30, 2008
It is then cut out, glued to black paper and cut out with mini scalloped scissors.
The words on the heart are Class A'Peel stickers by Stampendous
Then the double hearts are stamped and embossed on glossy silver paper and cut out.
The hearts are mounted to a card where the top is swirl embossed using a CuttleBug then sponged with pink ColorBox chalk ink.
The bottom of the card is black with a white decorative paper glued to the top.
This card is very sparkly but the picture doesn't show it since it is so bright and sunny outside.
I hope my friends in the north and east are doing well with all of the terrible storms that I hear about on the news. Have a happy and safe New Year!
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Have a great weekend!
Friday, December 19, 2008
Have a fun weekend!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
To make this card I,
1. Stamped the flower with black, heat set it and colored it with water color pencils.
2. Glitter glue was added to the spots on the flowers.
3. The dots were randomly stamped with butterscotch ink and the leaf was stamped, colored and cut then glued to the bottom corner.
4. The scalloped circle punch by SU with the black paper and the white circle was punched using a 1 1/2" circle punch.
5. The sentiment was stamped in black and the dots randomly stamped with butterscotch.
Have a great day and try to stay dry and warm :)
Inks- butterscotch Adirondack, black VersaFine
Plus- water color pencils, glitter glue, foam squares
Monday, December 15, 2008
1. Stamped in a black embossing powder that I added glitter to and then water colored it with watercolor pencils.
2. Then I colored over it with a VersaMark marker and embossed it with clear. I was worried that it would smear but happily it didn't!
3. Next the panel was sponged with stonewashed and denim Adirondack inks, when done rubbed the embossed area with a paper towel to remove any excess ink. Stamp stars randomly.
4. This was then layered onto several panels. Circle and star Class A'Peels were added to the edge for just a touch of bling.
5. The planet was water colored and glittered before cutting out and popping up.
6. Everything was mounted on a white card that was randomly stamped with the star swirls. It is hard to see in the picture but the white card was layered onto a dark blue panel to give it a framed affect.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Let It Snow... but not here in southern California where I live! That's only something I dream of.
I made this for the sketch challenge over at Paper Craft Planet, and yet again I am using my new Christmas decorative paper.
To make this card, the snowflake was stamped three times on white squares with sepia VersaFine and embossed with a clear glitter powder. They are painted with Twinkling H2O's but the shimmer doesn't show up in the photo.
I'm thinking this will be my last Christmas card, but really this is a winter card :)
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Stamps- snowflake by PrintWorks, sentiment by Stampendous
Plus- punches by SU, stickers by Stampendous, Twinkling H2O's, foam squares
Saturday, December 6, 2008
1. I stamped the snowflake on a cream card with latte ink stamping twice before re-inking.
2. The snowflake is stamped with blue and embossed then painted with white Twinkling H2O's.
3. Cut out the snowflake using a circle Coluzzle, sponge the edges and layer.
4. Punch snowflakes from blue and brown papers. Apply Circle sticker that has been colored brown with a sharpie.
5. Stamp rejoice with blue ink and layer. Add snowflake stickers that have been colored brown.
For the bling I used circle and snowflake silver stickers that I colored with a brown sharpie. I love this technique, so now matter what color I need as long as I have a sharpie the right color, I will have it :)
Friday, December 5, 2008
I got some new decorative paper this week and had to use it so I made a card and a small note pad. I'm thinking these are good to give to a man since they are looking a little manly.
To make the card a cream card was stamped with a snowflake by Print Works (I had to dust that one off!) with latte Adirondack ink, stamping twice before re-inking. The snowflake was punched out of brown and blue papers and two way glue was put on the brown snowflake and then covered with glitter. When I put the snowflake on the card it blended in so I layered it onto a cream circle so it would stand out. Merry Christmas is from a clear set by Stampendous and it was stamped in brown VersaFine ink. This panel and the card were sponged with latte ink.
~~ Now here is the tip of the day. To get your holes even when you punch them in the corners or in a row, place a rubber band around your hole punch, adjust it to where you want it, then punch your holes. They will be in a straight line :)
This is a mini note pad (it looks like a small composition book) that comes in a four pack and is sold for $1.00 at the Dollar Tree, what a deal!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Today is quite over cast so when I took the top picture with the flash on it doesn't show the colors. But when I turned the flash off for the bottom picture, it came out dark, so here are both of them and IRL it is somewhere in between.
This is the inside of the card, I wrote Love, but didn't sign it just in case my husband or kids needs a birthday card before I do.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008
Now on to the weekend. We went to the USC vs Washington football game and it was our homecoming, my husband and I are both alumnus. It was so much fun and the kids had a great time too. Everyone but me won a USC shirt but I did win a luggage name tag, woo hoo!. Here we are Melanie, me and Greg in front of Tommy Trojan.
Here I am with my handsome hubby Paul. These pictures were taken before it started to rain, last year when we went it also rained. It hardly ever rains here and now its rained on us two years in a row but this time it didn't last long thank goodness!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
I made the card around the decorative paper (that I love). The top of the card is Cuttlebuged with a folder to go along with the stripes. Everything was stamped with blue VersaFine and heat set before coloring with pencils, a blender pencil was used to blend the colors. Glitter glue was then added to the images in the circles.
Stamps-Hero Arts (word stamps), Stampendous (images)
Ink- blue VersaFine
Plus- Cuttlebug, ribbon glitter glue, green sticker circles (Stampendous)
I'm so excited, I'm having tile installed in my kitchen and master bathroom, it should be done today. When we moved in we got the linoleum that came with the house since the builder was so expensive. Since our dogs sleep inside, their bed just happened to be on the seam, it started to get loose and the dogs thought it would be quite entertaining to pull it up and eat it. Luckily nothing got stuck inside of them, you'd be amazed at the things they have swallowed. Well five years later we got tile! When it is done I'll post a picture.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Stamps- Stampendous and Hero Arts
Ink- Black and blue VersaFine, lettuce Adirondack
Plus- watercolor pencils, glitter glue, Cuttlebug folder, ribbon, Dimensional Magic
Friday, October 24, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
Caardvark is having a monogram card contest, hop on over and take a look.
The winds are gone and I didn't loose any trash cans, woo hoo! We had a beautiful relaxing weekend and now on to a busy, busy week. Tuesday is Girl Scouts at my house, Wednesday will be Chuck E Cheese's with my son and his friends (I don't think he will ever be to old for this), Thursday I'm working the high school snack bar during the water polo game and I think Friday might be a free day. It should be a great week, everything that's planned is fun!
Have a wonderful week.
Monday, October 13, 2008
To Make this first the resist technique was used for the snowflake piece and stonewashed and denim Adirondack inks were sponged on. The circles were cut using a Coluzzle then snowflake stickers were used as accents.
stamps- snowflake by Stampendous, Joy by Flourishes
ink- Adirondack, VersaMark
paper- glossy white, black iris (it's really a dark blue)
plus- snowflake stickers by Stampendous, clear embossing powder, silver ribbon
Okay now for a weather update. We are having Really strong Santa Ana winds about 50+ mph, talk about a bad hair day! Tonight is trash night so that means our trash cans will be at the end of the street tomorrow, if I was smart I would spray paint our address on them. There have been two fires within 1-2 miles of the house but luckily they were small and put out quickly.
We haven't decorated for Halloween yet and it might be a while before we can do that, I always hate loosing decorations.
Have a nice week and thank you for stopping by :)
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
Then I needed an envelope to fit the card so I just laid a piece of printer paper on my Scor-Pal, then laid the card on top of that and started scoring, nothing scientific! I'm going to enter this in a score challenge over at Caardvarks, hop on over and take a look.
Now I have some pictures of my weekend at Camp Surf in San Diego to share. We all had a great time. It is run by the YMCA and the facilities are kept very nice and the staff is super friendly. Here is my daughter Melanie with the pink surfboard and her two friends. It was really over cast but warm in the day. We were tent camping on the beach and it rained for a while Saturday night, luckily it didn't rain in the day!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
1. Stamped with VersaMark ink and embossed with champagne powder.
2. It was colored with chalks then green and red stickers were used as ornaments.
3. Glitter glue was place over the dots and star and the corners were punched with a ticket punch.
4. This was then layered onto green and gold panels with red circle stickers placed in the corners.
5. Add a bronze swirl to the edge and tie with a red ribbon.
6. On a white panel the Christmas sentiment was stamped with beige Brilliance, then glued to a green card.
7. the holly swirl was stamped on green paper with gold Brilliance, the bottom edge is torn and a gold strip of paper is glued to the top and glued to the card.
8. Mount the tree to the card and add holly stickers to the bottom corner.
Inks- VersaMark, Brilliance
Paper- dark green, white, gold
Plus- stickers by Stampendous, bronze swirl, red ribbon, chalk, champagne embossing powder, ticket punch by SU
Friday, September 26, 2008
I'm getting ready for a busy weekend. Melanie is going to the homecoming football game and dance that follows, which means I have to stay up till midnight to pick her up, wow is that way past my bed time! Then Saturday my husband won 4 tickets to a UCLA football game that starts at 12:30, so we will go to that for a few hours even though we are USC alumni, Go Trojans! We will need to rush home then go to Knott's Scary Farm with a pre-scare dinner that starts at 5:00. I think they stay open until 2 am, again way to late for me. And on Sunday Melanie has two water polo games. It makes me tired just thinking about it but it should be fun!
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
That's all for now, time to go clean the house!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Have a great weekend :)
Monday, September 1, 2008
1. To make this card I stamped the words on a cream card with latte ink and over stamped it with the peach and berries stamps in the same color ink.
2. The pear is stamped with VersaMark and embossed with champagne embossing powder and painted with Twinkling H2O's.
3. The pear is then over stamped with an aged paper stamp, also from Paper Inspirations with latte ink.
4. "To Remember" is stamped at the bottom with current ink.
5. The corners are then scored with two lines using the Scor-Pal. This is then layered onto olive and gold papers.
6. The olive strip is scored with a lattice design using the Scor-Pal and then ribbon is tied around it.
I'm going to enter this in a contest for scoring over at Caardvarks, go check it out and see all of the other amazing cards that have been entered in their gallery.
My daughter starts high school tomorrow, wow she is now a sophomore, it's hard to believe. I am ready to fall back into my routine but only for one month then my son will be out of school for the month of October, he is in Jr. High and is on a year round schedule. I'm hoping to post more cards this month than I have been so keep checking back for new stuff! Have a great week :)
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Friday, August 22, 2008
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Okay now I will give the Christmas cards a rest for a while, the next cards I post will be cards made using Twinkling H2O's so be sure to stop by again soon :) Have a great weekend!
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Friday, August 1, 2008
Monday, July 28, 2008
Friday, July 18, 2008
Stamps- PrintWorks, Hero Arts
Ink- VersaMark, Denim Adirondack
Plus- Twinkling H2O's, ribbon, black glitter embossing powder, corner rounder
Paper- whatever I have on hand which is way too much!
Okay, now it's time for family pictures! My son Greg won two tickets to the Orange County fair and to see BB King in concert! So we only had to pay for two tickets and Greg and Paul went to see the concert while Melanie and I shopped the booths then we met up again went the concert was over. We let Greg play a basketball game but told him most people don't win and guess what, he won! That is his prize he is holding and 8 ball basketball, boy was he happy!Now this is Greg in his first set of P.E. clothes, isn't he cute!
Melanie played water polo this summer for the first time and she loves it, there is only one week left and she will be sad when it is over but will try out for the team in winter. Here she is in her water polo suit, the blue at the bottom of the suit is her second suit, they have to wear two in case on is torn off!