Featured Post

Privacy Policy

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects your ...

Friday, August 1, 2008

A Glittery Christmas



I had a Christmas card class last night at Stamp Fever in the city of Orange and this is one of the cards we made. I think it was the ladies favorite with the snowflake glitter strip which is so easy to do! Here is how it is done. Scor-Pal has a great double sided tape that is 1 1/2" wide, all you do is place the tape on a white strip of paper that is 5 1/2" x 2" (it doesn't matter if it is crooked, it will be cut), remove the carrier (the paper backing), punch it three times with a large snowflake punch, place the carrier back on the tape and make sure it is rubbed flat. Then you sprinkle blue glitter in the punched out sections, rub with your finger, shake off the excess and remove the carrier. Now you will pour on white glitter, rub with your finger (it is okay to pour it over the blue snowflakes, it won't stick) and shake off the excess. Finally rub off any excess glitter and cut the strip so you don't have any paper showing on the edges.
Recipe
Paper- periwinkle (unknown brand), white
Ink- Cool Peri Adirondack, VersaMark
Plus- Scor-Pal double sided tape, white glitter, blue glitter, silver cord, corner mount sticker and snowflake stickers by Stampendous, white embossing powder, foam squares

14 comments:

Carolina said...

Just stunning! Love all the glitter with the periwinkle paper!

Curt in Indy said...

Jamie, this is stunning! I especially love the layout of the card! Best, Curt

Anonymous said...

Jamie, Beautiful card! I love all the sparkle looks great.

Leslie Knox said...

Jamie,
I love the sparkle and the non-traditional color scheme!
Great card!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Sweet creation....Love it!!!!

Dianette Seda said...

What a beautiful and delicate card!

Janine said...

Very pretty Jamie!! Hope you are having a great day!

NancyK said...

A great project! I had not thought of using punches to do a dual color - fabulous idea!

Catherine said...

this is gorgeous..i forgot this technique, thanks for reminding me...need to start with my christmas cards =)

Carla said...

Beautiful! The more glitter the better!! Thanks for the little tute on how to do it!!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Lovely card and I'm a sucker for blue Christmas cards. Don't we all love glitter too. Very nice! Pat

Julie Koerber said...

What a cool idea! I will have to try that. I have never seen that before! :-)

Jenn said...

Beautiful!!!! Love all the snowflakes and glitter! :D

Shirley said...

Very very pretty with the sparkle and the blues!