Featured Post

Privacy Policy

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects your ...

Monday, September 1, 2008

Adding Interest with a Scor-Pal

To make this card I inked up my brand new Paper Inspirations clear stamp set that I absolutely love! It is a large set that has many different types of fruit and a long stamp with different words.
1. To make this card I stamped the words on a cream card with latte ink and over stamped it with the peach and berries stamps in the same color ink.
2. The pear is stamped with VersaMark and embossed with champagne embossing powder and painted with Twinkling H2O's.
3. The pear is then over stamped with an aged paper stamp, also from Paper Inspirations with latte ink.
4. "To Remember" is stamped at the bottom with current ink.
5. The corners are then scored with two lines using the Scor-Pal. This is then layered onto olive and gold papers.
6. The olive strip is scored with a lattice design using the Scor-Pal and then ribbon is tied around it.
~~~
I'm going to enter this in a contest for scoring over at Caardvarks, go check it out and see all of the other amazing cards that have been entered in their gallery.
~~~
My daughter starts high school tomorrow, wow she is now a sophomore, it's hard to believe. I am ready to fall back into my routine but only for one month then my son will be out of school for the month of October, he is in Jr. High and is on a year round schedule. I'm hoping to post more cards this month than I have been so keep checking back for new stuff! Have a great week :)

21 comments:

Lauri said...

Beautiful card! I love the way you used the scor-pal!

Anonymous said...

Great card! I love all the score lines.

The Rubber Maid said...

Very lovely card, you did an awesome job getting it all in sync.
Pat

Shirley said...

The Pears and the BG are gorgeous and the scoring is great too!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful card. I love the embossed grid pattern. I so need to buy a Scor-Pal....I know, I know, what's taking me so long, right? :)

Jules said...

This card makes me think of a yummy bottle of pear wine!
That was my first thought when I looked at your picture.
So the next time I give one as a gift I will have to try to recreate your beautiful card!

Ashley Newell said...

Very pretty! I love the texture with the Scor-pal!

NancyK said...

I've always had a fondness for pear stamps and this one is a beauty! Your coloring is lovely. I stumbled upon the diamond pattern with the scorpal accidentally - love the look!

Debra said...

What a beautiful card!

crazed lunatic said...

oooh...i LIKE it. I like it a LOT!

jo said...

What a great idea! Looks fab Jamie.

Mescrap said...

Beautiful !

AnneMarie said...

I used to teach year round and loved it!

Cheryl said...

Just beautiful!

gillyflower said...

wow this is gorgeous just stunning looks so proffesional
gill

Dianette Seda said...

Elegant and beautiful card. I love it!

Betzie said...

Simply beautiful...so glad I found your blog. I'll be back to visit again! Love card making and rubber stamping...

tiggertastic said...

WOW loved looking at your blog page your work is excellent.

Sarah x

Deb Neerman said...

Simply. AMAZ'in'!

You're toooooooo talented ... I don't think I can come here and more...

LOLO, I kid!

LOVE your style and work!

Kerry D-C said...

wow! LOVE that burst of color with the ribbon. Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love the cracked marble effect on your card! The pear is gorgeous and you colored it so well.