The big “block” hop day is here! It’s time to pull up your comfy chair and favorite beverage while you are inspired by what the designers are creating for their own Artist Trading Blocks.
We are thrilled to bring you a blog hop today with more amazing artist trading block projects! Our designers have created some fabulous projects for today and we know you are excited to see them.
We want to thank Eileen Hull, her amazing team and the fabulous products we were able to use this week. The idea of creating an artist trading block has changed our way of creating with new excitement. Even though we traditionally end our product partner weeks on a Friday the inspiration will continue as more projects come in and will be posted in a cumulative list at the end of each week.
We’ll choose three winners at random from the comments on all blogs in the hop. Then from those three we’ll randomly pick a GRAND PRIZE winner! Two of the winners will receive Stampendous PenPattern Petal and PenPattern Flutter cling stamps, just like you’ll see on Kristine Reynolds amazing ATB sample. They’ll also receive enough pre-cut, premium matboard from Sizzix to make two boxes of your own, plus some extra pieces for fiddly bits! The Grand Prize winner will receive the stamps as above, a whole package of matboard, AND the Sizzix die to cut your own ATB boxes! Uh, WOW! If that weren’t enough, eligibility for these amazing prize packages has expanded to include our international fans too!
Here is my project
This was so much fun to make! The chip board die as a little intimidating to me, I was afraid I would make a mistake and I only had two boxes to work with. So I cut 6, 3" squares of Mixed Media White Paper, designed on those then glued them on. That way if I blew it, it was no big deal! Here is what I did;
1. Rub Pearlescent Lime and Pearlescent Sky Blue Brilliance ink pads directly on the cut squares.
2. Randomly stamp script on all pieces with Sky Blue Brilliance and randomly paste emboss portions of the panels using the stencil from the Kaffee Klatsch set.
3. Assemble the ATB box, sponge the edges with sky blue and glue on the panels using Zip Dry from Beacon Adhesives.
3. Stamp images from the Build A Bouquet Set, color with pencils and die cut using the matching Build A Bouquet Die Cut Set. Glue to box.
4. Stamp sentiments from the Happy Greetings Perfectly Clear Set on Core'dinations white glitter paper with Pearlescent Lavender and Onyx Black Versafine, emboss with clear.
5. Paint wooden beads from Build Ur Beads with DecoArt Acrylic paints and glue to the bottom of the box with 3 in 1 glue from Beacon Adhesives.
Here is a better look at the top.