Today I have an altered mini compostion book to share with you. You can get the mini books at a dollar store, I believe these came from the Dollar Tree and there are 3or 4 in a pack. These make nice gifts for Easter which will be here soon! Here is what I did to make it. See last weeks Blog Hop winners posted at the bottom!!!!!
1. Measure decorative paper to fit the book and glue it down with Zip Dry Paper Glue from Beacon Adhesives and keep pressure on it for a minute or two to ensure the paper doesn't lift.
2. Tie the center with gold cord.
3. Using Colorbox Chalk inks the pads are directly rubbed onto a white panel with various shades of oranges and greens. These inks dry to a nice light chalky shade. Layer this piece to and orange panel and set aside.
4. Stamp Future Verse from Stampendous in black on white paper, cut out with deckle edged scissors and sponge the edges with some of the Chalk inks.
5. Emboss the bottom and right top corner with Gold Encrusted Jewels. Glue to a black panel.
6. Stamp Celtic Cross from Stampendous in black on white paper, watercolor with watetercolor pencils and cut out.
7. The leaf is a skeleton leaf that was rubbed with Versamark ink, sprinkled with Jeweled Gold embossing powder and heated.
8. Layer all pieces on book and add a rhinestone to the center of the cross.
Hope this gives you some Easter inspiration and have a wonderful week!
All stamps and embossing powders are from Stampendous!
Follow my blog (in the right column)
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram- stampthis
Follow Stampendous on Pinterest.
Follow Stampendous on Facebook
The Stampendous Blog
Stampendous and Tombow Hop Winners!!!!
Our Blog Hop with Tombow was so exciting! Such fantastic samples and we sure appreciate your enthusiastic response! Whew!
The first winner from Marie Browning’s blog on Friday was:
Michel EspeyThe second winner from Debbie Fisher’s Blog on Friday was:
ConAnd the third winner from Jamie Martin’s Blog on Wednesday was:
Denny SerraIf you three will email Stampendous at firstname.lastname@example.org with your mailing info we will get your prizes right out in the mail to you from both Stampendous and Tombow! Congratulations!!
Everyone else, thanks so much for your kind comments and for visiting our blogs. Remember, Tombow will be giving away a participation prize, too! Check out their blog for details.
PLUS, it’s not too late to enter our Mixed Media March Challenge! You could still win some Stampendous goodies by linking your creation to our contest!