Hi and welcome to my first post as a Design Team Member for the new
Season's Greetings Challenge Blog!
It's Christmas all year long, so whether you're a procrastinator or not you'll want to join in on these challenges. At the end of the year you'll already have a bunch of your Christmas cards done!
I'm on team Kangaroo and we post the 2nd Tuesday of the month and team Koala posts a new challange the 4th Tuesday of the month if you're in Australia. Since I'm in the USA and Season's Greetings posts from Australia, my posts will go live at 3 pm the day before which will be the 2nd Monday of each month at 3:00 pm.
Here's how I made my card;
1. Diecut and oval from a white panel a little smaller than a card.
2. Stamp the panel with Peppermints Plenty from with VersaMark ink. Emboss with white embossing powder and sponge with Fire Brick Distress Ink. After sponging, wipe off the embossing powder to remove ink from the embossed area.
3. Center your panel on a white card and with a pencil put a couple of marks around the opening so when you remove the panel, you will know where to stamp your image.
4. Stamp Candy Can Kiss from Stampendous, on your card in the enter of the pencil marks with Onyx Black VersFine ink.
5. Color image with Prisma colored pencils and use decorative chalks to shade around the image with blue.
6. For the snow, I sprinkled Spoonful of Snow embossing powder at the bottom of the image and wiped off the snow from the image with a brush. The embossing powder was then heated from underneath the paper so it wouldn't blow off.
7. Foam tape was placed on the back side of the Peppermints Plenty panel and attached to the stamped card.
8. Merry Christmas as stamped on a small tag, tied with cord and popped up on the card.
Stampendous- Peppermint Plenty, Candy Cane Kiss, Spoonful of Snow, White Embossing Powder ( click HERE to go to the Stampendous Store Locator to find a store near you)
Inks-VersaMark Ink, Onyx Black VersaFine Ink, Fire Brick Distress Ink
Pencils- Prisma colored pencils
Now head on over to the Season's Greetings Challange Blog and join in!
Stay connected and don't miss a thing!