Featured Post

Privacy Policy

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects your ...

Monday, March 24, 2008

Twinkling H2O's


I hope all of my blogging friends had a nice Easter! It was so early this year that it just snuck up on me, but we had a nice time with family over at our house to celebrate. Now for the card :)
Twinkling H2O's are a lot of fun to use and give beautiful shimmering results. I stamped the frame with VersaMark ink on watercolor paper and embossed it with white. Using pink and orange H2O's, I painted the colors diagonally having them blend in the middle. It was then cut out and layered onto black paper. White paper was run through the CuddleBug using the swirl folder, when done pastel pink ink was lightly sponged on. This was layered onto black paper and glued to a pink card that was stamped with flowers using pastel pink ink. The bottom of the card was cut with cloud scissors and holes were punched with a micro punch. A black strip of paper was glued to the inside bottom of the card.

14 comments:

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, I love the effect you have created on the sentiment

Janine said...

Aren't H2O's just the best?!! I love the shimmer you get and the colors are just glorious!!!
Very nicely done!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card.

Julie Koerber said...

What a cool technique! I haven't used my H20's in a while, might have to give this a try! Your card is beautiful!

Julie Koerber said...

What a cool technique! I haven't used my H20's in a while, might have to give this a try! Your card is beautiful!

Shirlee said...

Wow, beautiful lay-out. Love the colors

jo said...

This is gorgeous Jamie! Makes me wish I hadn't got rid of my H2O's now!

Andria said...

Cute card...love the rainbowy effect!

Becca said...

Lovely detail in this card.
Bela

Carolina said...

So sweet! Love the scallop border and I bet the colors look even more amazing IRL!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Lovely....I so love this!!!!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

It's such a pretty card. I bet it's even more lovely in person with the shimmer. I haven't played with my H20's in a long time! It might be time to take them out! lol! Love coming here for inspiration.

Dianette Seda said...

I'm still learning to use H2O's pencils, but I hope to be able to dominate that technique soon so I can start using others like this one. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love the borders, the paper - all of it. I want to try the twinkling H2o's. I love the way they make the card shimmer.