Here's a really fun card we made at my stamp class last night. It is easy to make except the masking was a bit of a change for a few, I think it was because the monkeys are small so they were hard to cut out to make the mask. The stamp set is by Hero Arts and it is a clear set.
1. Stamp the top monkey with VersaFine ink, mask and stamp the bottom monkey so the tail is in the hand of the top monkey and stamp the branches so it looks like he is holding on to them.
2. You must heat set VersaFine ink before you color it to prevent it from smearing. I used watercolor pencils to color in the image and I added glitter using a 2 way glue pen and sprinkling on ultrafine glitter.
3. Sponge the edges and layer it onto green paper and fold over the top and tear just a bit of the green off.
4. I used a leaf cube by Stampendous to stamp the background on the card. They just so happen to have a leaf pattern that matches the branch from the monkey set perfectly! So I inked the leaf cube with butterscotch ink, then randomly stippled it with mushroom ink, stamped it and repeated until done. This gives a wonderful effect that is muted.
5. Layer decorative paper onto brown paper and glue to card as shown. Tie the bottom of stamped image and DP with peach ribbon and glue down.
6. Stamp words as shown and apply 3 circle stickers to the green DP.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Stamps- Monkey clear set by Hero Arts, leaf background by Stampendous.
Paper- tan, white, green. Decorative paper by The Slab.
Plus- circle stickers by Stampendous, ribbon, glitter, 2 way glue