Featured Post

Privacy Policy

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects your ...

Friday, June 28, 2013

Summer Fun

This week our Stampendous theme is Summer!  Making this card has really made me miss the beach back in So Cal that I took for granted and didn't realize one day I would live in middle America, land locked.  But luckily I collected little seashells that worked perfectly for this card!

1.  Stamp Sandcastle Kiddo on white cardstock with black Versafine ink, heat set and color with Staedtler watercolor pencils.
2.  Apply Royal Blue Tinsel Poweder from the Blue Encrusted Jewel Kit to her ponytail holders and the shovel and Crystal Micro glitter to the seagulls.
3.  Cut image out with a circle Spellbinder die and sponge the edges with Denim Adirondack ink and Sepia Verasfine ink.  Layer onto red paper cut from a larger circle.
4.  Cut a 1 1/2" of Fran's Sticky Panel and apply to white cardstock.  Place two small seashells on the tape and then apply Blue Encrusted Jewels to the tape and heat from the bottom.  Cut the strip out.

5.  Emboss a kraft card with a circle embossing folder, sponge with Sepia Versafine ink and mount the pieces.
6.  Print the sentiment and sunglasses from the Sandy Kiddo's Digital Download and sponge the sentiment and layer.  Cut out the sunglasses and color with red watercolor pencils, mount as shown.
 
Go check out the Stampendous Blog for links to other design team members links and see what they have created for this fun summer theme!

4 comments:

barbara macaskill said...

Oh my goodness! I am in love with your "sand"! Absolutely ingenious! Beautiful card! TFS!

Janelle Stollfus said...

Encrusted sea shells!!!!!! Eeeeks, that is creative. I love it!

Kristine Reynolds said...

so cute and I love the shells!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Love all of your beautifully added details!