Featured Post

Privacy Policy

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects your ...

Friday, June 21, 2013

Stamping On Glass and Etching

Today we’re continuing our Etching Glass with Armour Etch Blog Hop! We’ve had so much fun etching all the glass we can get our hands on!

Here is my second etched glass project for the week.  This was done differently than yesterdays project and I decided to go green using a Ragu jar. Here are the directions.
1.  I first cleaned the glass with rubbing alcohol to remove any oils from holding it.
2.  Stamp Party Balloons by Stampendous with Versamark ink and emboss with any color embossing powder.
3.  Then I picked a Spellbinder die large enough for the image and cut the shape out of contact paper.  You will be using the negative or open portion.
4.  Place the open shape over the the balloons so you see the balloons and contact paper is around the rest of the surrounding area.
5.  Apply a thick layer of Armour Etch to the exposed glass, leave on for 5 minutes then rinse with warm water.  You may need to use the scrubby side of a sponge to get all of the embossing powder off.
6.  Dry completely and remove the contact paper.
7.  So my etched image would photograph better I rubbed on a green rub on to make the etching stand out but normally I wouldn't do that.

Now here is a picture of how I originally decorated it but it didn't photograph well so I changed out the tissue paper to white in the above picture so you could see the image better.




Our fantastic designers have really outdone themselves. Please go check out their projects and be sure to leave a comment that includes where you're commenting from. Remember that only folks with a U.S. address can win, but we are super delighted to hear your thoughts and see your projects no matter where you live!

Asia King

Cyndi Bundy

Janelle Stollfus

Kristine Reynolds

Lea Kimmel

Tobi Crawford

Rhea Weigand

Jamie Martin

Krissy Fossmeyer

 

17 comments:

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Love your altered jar Jamie! The etching stands out beautifully. Now, I'm a bit of a dummy here but... what is that 'rub on' that you used to tint it...? :)))

Terri Burnette said...

Really cute! Would be fun to make some for birthday party favors (like my teen aged daughters friends).

Dawn Louise said...

Great altered jar, looks a lovely gift too x

Iris said...

Hi from Missouri. Your etched bottles are so sweet. Great way to recycle some of those bottle and jars from the recycle bin and turn them into something beautiful.

Sue D said...

Very pretty and fun with the balloons.
Sue in Ohio

barbara macaskill said...

Greetings from Vermont! What a cool altered jar! Would make a wonderful gift! Thanks for sharing!

Kathy said...

Thanks for the inspiration. I plan to use some of those salad dressing jars I've been saving. Kathy T in Minnesota.

Jean Bullock said...

The jar looks great! And to think I put those spaghetti sauce jars in the recycling bin. Guess I had better think again. :-)

Amy Martin said...

Oh.. This is adorable. It is great to recycle jars. There are so many neat looking ones out there.

Jamie Martin said...

Asia I don't know what brand I have, it doesn't say, they are metallic rub ons. I saw some today at Hobby Lobby in the stamping section.

Jamie Martin said...

Asia I don't know what brand I have, it doesn't say, they are metallic rub ons. I saw some today at Hobby Lobby in the stamping section.

Kailash said...

Hi from Illinois, love that you used a jar to do the pretty etching, so versatile!!

Janis said...

Turned out really cute! Love that you upcycled a discarded jar.

Janis from Idaho in the USA

Tenia Nelson said...

So so COOL!!

grandmalee said...

I recycle jars, so this idea is definately one I will be using in the future. Lee from Colorado

Unknown said...

Love this recycled jar idea! Oh the possibilities! Thanks for the tutorial! Very cute!
-Angel from Arkansas

Janelle Stollfus said...

This is a perfect green craft idea! I just never think to reuse my jars for gift containers. Fantastic balloons and the rub-on cream does make a wonderful addition!