Here is my second etched glass project for the week. This was done differently than yesterdays project and I decided to go green using a Ragu jar. Here are the directions.
1. I first cleaned the glass with rubbing alcohol to remove any oils from holding it.
2. Stamp Party Balloons by Stampendous with Versamark ink and emboss with any color embossing powder.
3. Then I picked a Spellbinder die large enough for the image and cut the shape out of contact paper. You will be using the negative or open portion.
4. Place the open shape over the the balloons so you see the balloons and contact paper is around the rest of the surrounding area.
5. Apply a thick layer of Armour Etch to the exposed glass, leave on for 5 minutes then rinse with warm water. You may need to use the scrubby side of a sponge to get all of the embossing powder off.
6. Dry completely and remove the contact paper.
7. So my etched image would photograph better I rubbed on a green rub on to make the etching stand out but normally I wouldn't do that.
Now here is a picture of how I originally decorated it but it didn't photograph well so I changed out the tissue paper to white in the above picture so you could see the image better.
Our fantastic designers have really outdone themselves. Please go check out their projects and be sure to leave a comment that includes where you're commenting from. Remember that only folks with a U.S. address can win, but we are super delighted to hear your thoughts and see your projects no matter where you live!