Stampendous just released some really great new Metal Stencil Duo Sets at CHA, and all week the Design Team will be sharing their creations so you can see the many ways they can be used. Since Valentine's Day is fast approaching, I used the Heart Duo Stencil Set with the Double Glitter Technique (click to see video tutorial) to make a pretty sparkly card. Here is how my card was made;
1. Cut Double Sided Mounting Paper the size of the duo Stencil. Remove the carrier from one side and place on white cardstock.
2. Rub the back of the patterned stencil with Coconut Soap or a vegetable oil soap. Remove the carrier from one side of the Double Sided Mounting Paper and place the stencil, soap side down on the sticky paper and lightly rub the stencil. The soap is rubbed on the stencil so the stencil can be removed from the paper.
3. Sprinkle Red Micro Glitter over the stencil and rub it into the paper with your finger. Shake off excess glitter and place back into the jar. Hold the piece over the trash can and flick the back of the paper so excess glitter falls off. Holding the piece upside down over the trash can, gently remove the paper from the stencil.
4. With piece on your work surface, lightly sprinkle with Micro Crystal Glitter, rub into the paper with your finger and shake off excess. Do NOT return this to the jar since some of the red glitter may also come off.
5. Turn piece over, lay heart stencil on the back and trace the heart. Cut out and set aside. Here is a close up of the heart but you just can't see how pretty and sparkly the glitter is.
6. Dry emboss a strip of black cardstock with the Diamond Grid Stencil and glue to the left side of a white panel that's 1/4" smaller than a red card. Glue white panel to card.
7. Glue heart diagonally to card with Zip Dry Glue and apply tiny self adhesive pearls to the black panel.
8. Stamp sentiment from the Love Always Perfectly Clear Set with Onyx Black VersaFine Ink.
Now go see what the other Designers have for you today!
Stay connected and don't miss a thing!