Featured Post

Privacy Policy

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects your ...

Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Summer Day Scrap Page

Hope everyone is enjoying their 4th of July weekend!  I'm still using those cute Kiddos from Stampendous to make my summer creations!  Today I'm sharing a summer scrap page.  One of my daughters friends noticed that this little Kiddo looks like my daughter when she was little and I wanted to use a picture of Melanie as a little girl.  The picture I printed out was too dark and I didn't have time to run out to have it printed so I used a picture of teenage Melanie with her boyfriend Tyler.  Here is how it was made.
 
1.  Cut light blue card stock to 8x8.  Tear a piece of computer paper to use as a mask and ink the paper with Versamark ink.
2.  Cover the inked area with Shabby White Embossing Enamel and Pearlized Mica.  Heat from underneath or everything will blow off.  Set aside.
3.  Stamp Sandcastle Kiddo on a white oval cut out with a Spellbinder die using black Stazon Ink.
4.  Color with Staedtler watercolor pencils.  Mask the top of the oval and do the same technique and in step 2.
5.  Print out the sun and sentiment from the Sandy Kiddos Digital Download on the Stampendous page.  Layer as shown.
6.  Glue on seashells using Beacon 3-in-1 Glue, it is acid free and I used it to glue everything on the page except the Dew Drops which I used Glossy Accents.
 
I got this great scrap page holder on clearance at Michael's and it's a fun way to display your pages rather than just putting them in a book and not looking at them.
 Stay safe this weekend and come back soon to see more creations with Stampendous stamps :)
Oh and if you would like to follow me on Pinterest you can click the icon on the right or search for me on Pinterest, I'm Jamieusc.


No comments: