Featured Post

Privacy Policy

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects your ...

Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Pretty Card with Funny Sentiment


It's always fun making a pretty card with an unexpected sentiment. My card today does just that with stencils, stamps, dies and inks from Rubbernecker Stamps.

Here's how my card was made-

To make the background, I placed a sheet of white cardstock on my STAY-tion, then put the the leaf stencil from the Baroque Floral Stencil (two part stencil) down and used the magnets to hold it in place. 
Next, I used a brush to apply Melon, Grass and Fern Color Fuse Ink.


The leaves stencil was removed and the flower stencil was aligned. Blush, Rose, Mango and Custard Color Fuse Ink were then blended over the stencil.


This was then die-cut twice using two sizes of the Nested Square w/ Pierce Die. 


The large square was glued to a pink square card and ribbon was wrapped around and glued in the center.


The smaller die-cut square was layered onto a slightly larger pink panel and popped up in the center of the card. Ribbon was tied in a knot and glued to the right side.


The sentiment was stamped on vellum using black StazOn Ink and taped to the center of the card using E-Z Runner Permanent Fine Adhesive from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L. This doesn't show under the vellum.
The flowers were die cut and sponged with orange and pink Color Fuse Inks.  The leaves were die-cut from green cardstock.



It's always fun making a pretty card with an unexpected sentiment!



 Click on the item blow to go to the Rubbernecker Stamps online shop.

No comments: