Featured Post

Privacy Policy

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects your ...

Saturday, May 11, 2013

New With Classic Stamps

I made this card for my Stamp Club ladies last week, the theme was Mother's Day or Girlfriend cards and I thought this could be used for either one depending on what you stamp inside.  So I combined two classic Stampendous stamps (two of my favorites), Agapanthus Long and Music Score with a saying from the Soaring Sentiments Perfectly Clear Stamps set from the new Aprill catalog.  The card is so pretty and sparkly but if I photograph it so you can see the sparkle, you can't see the stamping very well. Click on the picture to enlarge it and you will see the glitter.  Now for how it was made.
  1. I used my new Blossom Spellbinder die that I used in the previous post in the reverse to make a mask.  Cut a piece of computer paper the size of your panel, place the die in the desired location and cut.  Use the negative piece, tape to the panel (or desk if it's the same size) using removable tape. 
Stamp Music Score with Latte Adirondack ink.
  1. Sponge with Butterscotch and Cranberry Adirondack inks keeping the center a litter lighter than the edges.
  2. Stamp Agapanthus Long on the left side with black Versafine ink, let dry or dry with a heat gun.
  3. Use direct to paper with Versamark ink and make sure to ink all of it.
  4. Remove mask, sprinkle with Kaleidoscope embossing powder (clear powder with iridescent glitter, soooo pretty)  and heat.
  5. The final touches-apply a crystal to the center of the Agapanthus, tie the left side with cranberry colored ribbon and tear the right side and sponge with Butterscotch and Cranberry inks.
  6. Layer onto a cranberry panel using Beacon 3 in 1 Glue (fast drying,doesn't wrinkle paper and low odor) and mount to a tan card.
Here is a picture of the stamps and glue used.
Hope this post inspires you to stamp today!  :)

No comments: