Featured Post

Privacy Policy

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects your ...

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Cupcake

Today I participated in a couple of challenges, Poetic Artistry has this really cute sketch challenge that I just loved and SCS has a color challenge that I wasn't thrilled with but I thought I would stretch myself. The colors are real red, regal rose and so saffron, my stamping friends know I really don't like pink and red together but I was happy with what I ended up with, what do you think? This card is mostly pink and saffron with just a touch of red. The background stamp is by Great Impressions and stamped with real red ColorBox chalk ink, the cupcake and sentiment are by Hero Arts and stamped with black VersaFine and the red circle stickers are by Stampendous. None of the papers I used are by SU, they are just similar in color.

Today I took my son and two of his friends to see Kung Fu Panda, the boys LOVED it! And to make it even better, I loved it too. So if you are looking for a movie to see, we highly recommend this one.




16 comments:

Lauri said...

This is pretty! I did not try the color combo because I do not have many SU! colors...but I like the way this came out! and thanks for the movie recommendation!

Janine said...

Such a great card Jamie...

Jenn said...

Absolutely love this color combo and that cupcake looks good enough to eat!!!! :D I love your new pic!!! :D

Minxy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, i'm sure i will enjoy joining the SBS when it's finally sorted lol, this blog lark is becoming a tad addictive lol, great cards BTW, love the flower vellum one.

nessy said...

what a delightful card!! good enough to eat!!
vanessa xx
ps thanks for visiting my blog

paylin said...

Beautiful creation and i like ur layout. Great card.

Enjoy ur weekend, takecare.
xx

The Rubber Maid said...

Nice job on a color combo you don't like. Sometimes different colors put together come out really great and yours did. Pat

Anonymous said...

beautiful card!

Lynn Put said...

This is such a cute cupcake card! I like how you popped the flower on the top of the cupcake and added glitter to the frosting!

Becca said...

This looks absolutely delish...the design and colours.

Bela

Carolina said...

What a pretty card - love the cupcake and you totally nailed the color combo - just precious!!!

Marie said...

This is ADORABLE and I love how you used Julee's sketch and the color combo! You did a great job with both of them!!!

Marie Cramp said...

Super cute cupcake card. Great job. Thanks for visiting my blog I always love and appreciate the nice comments you leave me.

Your Blogging pal
Marie
http://scrappingworld.blogspot.com

Julie Koerber said...

Love this! So perky and fun! Those colors just happen to be my favorites!! Hope all is well!! :-)

jo said...

This is so pretty Jamie!

Cheryl said...

So cute! I love this cupcake!