Featured Post

Privacy Policy

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects your ...

Monday, July 11, 2016

Dear Santa


What is better on a super hot day than making a Christmas Card!  Unfortunately no matter how long I look at the new Patient Pup, from the new Stampendous July catalog, I don't get any cooler. But isn't this image just adorable!!  Now is a good time to start thinking about designing your Christmas cards because you know, it sneaks up on us EVERY year, or at least it does me.

Here is how my card was made;
1.  Stamp Patient Pup on Mixed Media White Paper with black ink, heat set and color with Prisma pencils and a blender pencil.
2.  I used a Zig 2 Way glue marker on the fur of the had and sprinkled with Crystal Micro Glitter.
3.  To shadow around the image, blue chalk was applied with a flat brush. Set a side.
4.  A white panel was stamped with Santa Words repeatedly to fill the panel and dog paws were stamped randomly in red.
5.  Layer pieces as shown onto red paper.
6.  Stamp only the word "Dear Santa" from the Santa Words stamp on white paper with black ink, cut out and line around the edges with a black pen.  Glue words to the upper left corner.

Supplies
Stampendous
W174 Patient Pup
Y033 Santa Words
SSC1223 Dog Sayings Perfectly Clear Set
MPW811 Mixed Media White Paper
Onyx Black VersaFine

Plus
Zip Dry Glue from Beacon Adhesives
My Colors Cardstock-Dare Devil
Colored Pencils
Satin Red VersaFine
Blue chalk


Take a look at what the other Design Team members have for you today!

Stay connected and don't miss a thing!

3 comments:

barbara macaskill said...

What a darling image!! Love the background and the pup's face is so adorable! TFS!

Salnclts said...

Adorable!

Viki Banaszak said...

Puppy!!!!! So cute!