Welcome to another week long collaboration! This week we're playing with Core'dinations' gorgeous papers! They always make a project pop with the addition of so much texture! Plus, they're just plain yummy colors! We love the way you can sand the papers to allow the coordinating color core show through. This card from our own Kristine Reynolds really highlights this fantastic technique. This works with embossing folders, metal dies (like those from our friends at Dreamweaver Stencils), or just sanding straight on the paper to create a distressed look.Sleepy Reader by Kristine Reynolds (House-Mouse Designs® Gruffies® by Ellen Jareckie)[/caption] Of course there are prizes this week! Three prize packages will be awarded. Package includes the Lovely Garden Stamp Set; the Matching Lovely Garden Cutting Dies; a Sand It Kit from Core'dinations which includes a sanding block, replacement sandpaper, and a "must-have" Dust Buddy clean up cloth; Core'dinations will also be sending the lucky winners some of their fantastic 6" X 6" paper pads. PLUS an extra special bonus - our friends at Dreamweaver Stencil will be adding the gorgeous Stone Wall stencil that Jamie Martin used in her terrific card she'll be posting this week (you can see a peek of it on the blog banner!) LET'S GET STARTED! The official rules are HERE. You still need a U.S. mailing address to win, but we sure want to hear your comments anyway! We'll draw three random blog posts from all the posts this week. Then we'll choose one comment from each. Of course we'll love you even more if you pin our projects to your Pinterest Boards or if you Tweet, or Share on Facebook, follow us, like our pages. You know the drill!
1. Emboss Dreamweaver Stencils LG611 on Core'dinations The Chocolate Box paper by running it through your Big Shot using the embossing mat.
2. Use Core'dinations paper sander and sand the to of the paper to reveal the core color. Layer it onto yellow Core'dinations paper, mount piece to teal paper from the Spotted collection and set aside.
3. Stamp small flower from Cling Jumbo Lovely Garden set three times, leaf one time and the butterfly once on white cardstock with Onyx Black VersaFine ink and heat set.
4. Color flowers using Radiant Neon ink in Electric Orange, Electric Yellow and Electric Green using Inkblusher sponges. To add shadows use Q-tips to place color exactly where you want it. Do the same to the leaf using Electric Green.
5. Color the butterfly with watercolor pencils.
6. Cut out all of the pieces using the Lovely Garden Die Cut Set from Stampendous by placing them over the image, tape down using REMOVABLE tape and run it through your Big Shot.
7. Mount flowers to the the top corner of your card using Beacon Adhesive 3 in 1 glue and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares and glue the butterfly after bending the wings up (don't glue down the wings).
8. Stamp sentiment from the Say It Today set using Onyx Black on cream paper. Layer onto a strip of cardstock that has been rubbed with Versamark ink, sprinkled with Aged Teal Embossing Enamel and heated from the bottom so the chunky powder doesn't blow off. Mount to the card using 3D Foam Squares.
Here's who is posting today!
Follow my blog (in the right column)
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram- stampthis