Featured Post

Privacy Policy

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects your ...

Friday, July 22, 2016

Stampendous and Tando Blog Hop


Welcome to the last day of the Stampendous and Tando Creative Blog Hop!  All week the designers from both companies have been using products from both companies to make some beautiful pieces. I hope you have been hopping along with us and commenting on the blogs because if you do, you are eligible to win one of 3 prizes!


To be eligible, leave a comment and where you live my blog, Tando Creative blog and the Stampendous blog. Each comment is an entry to win one of THREE terrific prize packages. This is open to commenters with a US and UK mailing addresses.  I will post the winners on my Stamp This facebook page next week, "like" it to be sure to see the winners.


I don't do much mixed media, but I have to say I love the way this turned out.  To make the flower I used the Blossom Duo Stencil Set, traced it on watercolor paper and colored with watercolor pencils.  Then I went over it with a wet brush, while the stencil was still on.
The background was randomly stamped with Vintage Contract in Tea Dye ink and it was splattered with the ink as well.

The frame is from the Arches Straight Edge Large by Tando Creative.  It was painted with DecoArt Media Fluid Acryilics in Quinacridone Gold.  The edges were rubbed with DecoArt Metallic Lustre in Champagne Ice and Gold Rush.
The frame was randomly stamped with Elegant Borders Perfectly Clear Set using VersaMark ink and embossing with Vintage Ivory Embossing Enamel.

To finish it off Special Friends was stamped on aceteate with Claret, Staz On ink.  The saying was cut apart and attached to the image.  The frame and image were glued together and a lock and key were glued to the frame.


Now see what the other designers have for you today!
Jamie Martin (That's me)

Stay connected and don't miss a thing!

18 comments:

eyes2theocean said...

Lovely project. So simple and pretty. :)

barbara macaskill said...

Simply spectacular! LOVE that flower!! TFS!
Barb in VT

Becca Yahrling said...

Oh, I just love this! Love the vibrancy of the colors, love the frame. I'd love to get into mixed media more .. thanks for the inspiration.
Becca from FL

Tenia Nelson said...

Pretty!!!

Janis said...

Beautiful project!! Thanks for sharing that technique. It's simple, but not something I have tried before. I have a lot of stencils that would look great watercolored that way.
<3
Janis in ID

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Love this Jamie a very beautiful project. x

Mary Holshouser said...

Beautiful.
I have to get the arches - I've been
wanting something like them for a long time.
The coloring of the flower is great.
Love the framing.
thanks for sharing
Illinois

Dana Tatar said...

Beautiful arch! I love the embossed frame and the way the flower pops.

Diane said...

Really lovely Jamie !! I must have a go more with mix media goodies !!

hugs Diane xx ( UK )

Fliss said...

A very pretty flower Jamie and love the way you decorated the frame, the rich colours are gorgeous.
Fliss in the UK xx

cghundley said...

Wonderful job on
your creation!
Lovely flower.
Carla from Utah

Viki Banaszak said...

Your blossom stenciled piece is so pretty! It has a pretty glow to it.

McStamper said...

What a pretty project.

Sue D said...

What a pretty way to frame this flower.
Sue in Ohio

craftymom205 said...

Love the project. From Alabama

Denise Bryant said...

Love your mixed media arch! Great design around the edges to add some design and texture, and a beautiful flower! Love it!
Denise in CA.

Steph Ackerman said...

Lovely project. NY

A Pink said...

Lovely. Sheffield UK