Sunday, October 16, 2016
Shabby Chic Fruit
I have some exciting news today, I am now on the design team for I Brake For Stamps and this is my first blog post as one of their design team members!!
Today I have a shabby chic card that was made using the new Fruit and Flowers Sheet from I Brake For Stamps. Here is how it was made;
1. I diecut white cardstock using Fitted Frames A and took some plastic wrap (like you use in your kitchen), wadded it up, tapped it on a Sand ink pad and stamped it onto my paper. I didn't want the background to be bright white. This was repeated until I was happy with how it looked. The edges were sponged with the same ink.
2. The strawberry from the Fruit and Flowers Sheet was then stamped with VersaMark ink and embossed with PEARLustre Champagne Embossing Powder.
3. It was then colored with Zig Clean Color pens and shadowed with decorative chalk.
4. Fruit from the same stamp set was stamped with Lettuce Adirondack ink and gold Dot Sparklers were added. This was layered onto dark green decorative paper with Zip Dry Glue and set aside.
5. A Lattice die from Spellbinders was used to cut white cardstock. A VersaMark ink pad was smooshed on top of the diecut piece and Aged Rose Embossing Enamel was sprinkled on the ink and heat embossed.
6. The lattice was taped to the top half of a 5 1/4" x 4" white panel that had the same plastic wrap stamped background as the strawberry panel. The over hang was cut off.
7. Green decorative paper was glued to the bottom portion of the panel and a gold paper strip was glued over the seam.
8. Strawberry was stamped on a diecut piece that was prepared the same as above and stamped with Victorian Velvet Distress ink. Gold Dot Sparklers were added and the piece was popped up with 3D Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L.
You should click on the badge below and take a look at what I Brake For Stamps carries, they have quite a variety of stamps by many companies. If you find something you like, which I know you will, you can get a 10% discount off your order by using my coupon code: SAVE10JAMIE