Featured Post

Privacy Policy

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects your ...

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Fabulous Flamingo!


I usually keep my Blog posts to strictly crafting, but to explain my flamingo card, I'll share how it came about with some personal stuff.

This month my husband and I moved our daughter and her husband out of state.  My husband rode in the U-Haul with our son-in-law, Tyler and I drove with my daughter, Melanie.  This was a life changing time for me, having Melanie and Tyler so far away where I can't just jump in the car and see them any time I want, an hour and a half later.  Now it's a two day drive or an expensive flight to a small town airport, since the big airports are a couple of hours away, I'll be saving my pennies! 
On the road, her little dog Okie's in the back 
but she's black and blends into the seats. 

Well in June a few of my friends and I took a road trip to Arlington, Texas to attend the Great American Scrapbook Convention and we had a blast!! It was the first time I was on a girls get away since I've been married (cough, cough 30 years).  We will be doing it again, that's for sure!  
L-R Brenda, Melissa, Jamie (me), Dorothy

Melanie loves flamingos (I have no idea why hahaha)  so when I ran across this 3 part clear flamingo set with a die, I just had to get it!  Now I'll have to come up with a bunch of layouts so I can use it over and over again, since I plan on sending a lot of cards.

Stay connected and don't miss a thing!

 Follow Stamp This 


5 comments:

Mary Decker said...

I love your shaker card! I'm glad we live in the day of Social Media, so at least you can communicate with your daughter that way until you see each other. And there are always the beautiful cards you make to send!

TAG Creations by T.German said...

❤️❤️
It is definitely hard when your kids move out of state.
What a wonderful way to stay in touch though!!! Flamingos all the way!!!!

Jamie Martin said...

Thank you Mary! Yes I'm so happy we can FaceTime, it really helps ☺

Sabrina said...

Very cute card!!

Cara said...

Love this, very CAS with the flamingo and shaker being the focus.
Thanks for sharing!
(Hugs) Cara
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door {Owner}
TTCRD Challenge Blog {Owner}