This week the Stampendous Design Team is sharing teapots and teacups. A nice warm cup of tea is just what I need on these cold winter days! But this teapot holds beautiful roses which would make a great Mother's Day card, thinking of you, get well soon, birthday...so many possibilities.
Here is how my card was made;
1. Stamp Teapot Posies on Mixed Media White Paper from Stampendous (available later this month) with Tuxedo Black Memento and color the flowers with Spectrum Noir markers. The roses were colored with PP1, PP2, and PP5. The leaves were colored with LG2, DG2 and DG3.
2. Stamp the Teapot Posies again on decorative paper and cut out only the teapot. Glue this over the teapot on the white paper. Layer onto black paper.
3. Color the dots and some of the stripes with a white gel pen.
4. Chalk around the image with a short flat bristled brush. I used a Loew-Cornell 7450 Chisel brush.
5. Use a Zig 2 Way Glue marker to apply glue underneath the teapot and sprinkle with Gold Lux Mix.
6. Layer cream decorative paper onto white. The green and white paper was made by placing a Dreamweaver Stencil LX7001 on white cardstock, spraying with Wheat Grass Memories Mists. Do not remove, place white cardstock on top of the stencil, rub so it will soak up the spray and remove. This will give you the stencil image with the negative spaces white. Let dry and layer onto white paper. Then you will have the other paper to use later. Glue pieces onto a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 card
7. Stamp words from the Angel Wings Quotes Perfectly Clear Set on a small Avery Marking Tag with black ink, sponge edges with Pearlescent Coral Brilliance, tie with green ribbon and pop up over handle with 3D Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L.
Stay connected and don't miss a thing!