As I'm writing this post, we here in Oklahoma are in the middle of a winter storm with frozen rain, icy roads and snow expected tonight into tomorrow. We will be warm here just like this cute little snowman wishes, as long as the power doesn't go out. I hope everyone is warm, safe and enjoying this holiday season!
All week the Stampendous Design Team is sharing inspirational Christmas cards, it's still not too late to make some. Here is how I blinged mine up.
1. Stamp Bethlehem Night on white paper with Tuxedo Black Memento ink and color with Chameleon pens.
2. Layer onto silver paper and set aside.
3. Now it's time to bling up a dark blue card! Apply Zip Dry Glue to the top left corner and sprinkle with Silver Lux Mix. Lightly tap the Mix into the glue, then shake off excess.
4. Apply a 1/2" strip of liner tape to the bottom of the card, sprinkle with Silver Lux and shake off excess.
5. Pop up Bethlehem Night with foam tape.
Here is what the other Stampendous Designers have for you today.
Today I'd like to wish my wonderful friend Laura Weed a Happy Birthday! Among her many jobs at Stampendous, she is also our Fairy Stampmother. She takes care of and organizes the talented, creative and chatty Stampendous Design Team and taking care of this spunky group of ladies I'm sure isn't easy. We appreciate and love you Laura, have a fantastic fun filled day! Now sit back and enjoy the Birthday Hop we have put together.
For Laura's card, I used the Birthday Block stamp which is my favorite birthday stamp to use, since you can use it in a ton of different ways. Click HERE to see how else I have used it. Here is how this card was made.
1. Stamp Birthday Block on a white panel with orange ink and glue to an orange card.
2. Stamp Birthday Block again on white paper with black ink and color the balloons and gift with pencils. Cut the images out and pop up on the Birthday Block panel using 3D Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L.
3. Stamp sentiment from the Birthday Wish Perfectly Clear Set with black ink on white paper. Glue Party Fragments to the two corners using Zip Dry Glue.
4. Layer onto a green panel and glue to the front of the card.
Now take a look at the cards the other Design Team members have made for Laura today.
This week the Stampendous Design Team has been creating projects with Patty Pop Ons and wow have they have made some wonderfully creative projects! Stop by the designers blogs, leave a comment and you could win one of three prize packages.
THREE prize packages that include a surprise Stampendous Cling Stamp Set PLUS a full 12-piece set of puzzle pieces with hook fasteners included so you can pop on your puzzle pieces practically anywhere! The deadline to comment is Sunday December 6th at 11:59 pm PST. See our official contest rules for details.
Since it is the holiday season I chose to make a Christmas ornament with one of the puzzle pieces. To do this I sponged the puzzle piece with blue and purple Brilliance inks the stamped the sentiment from the Holiday Expressions Perfectly Clear Set with black StazOn ink. Gold Lux Mix mix was applied to the top of the puzzle by sprinkling it on to Zip Dry Glue. For the bottom, it was sprinkled onto liner tape. The Snowflake Die Cut Set and the large snowflake was glued to the back of the puzzle piece while the small one was glued to the front.
I really wanted to hang this on our Christmas tree for the picture but since we had an ice storm last weekend here in Oklahoma, we didn't get the tree set up since it was way to cold to go up into the attic to get it. Luckily we are now having warmer weather so I plan on getting everything decorated this weekend!
Now take a look at what everyone else has for you today!