Welcome to the very first Tips and Tricks Tuesday! The Tip and Trick will be at the end of the post but be sure to read the instructions, there may be added tips and tricks.
This week the Stampendous Design Team will be sharing Butterflies from the Jumbo Butterfly Trio, the new PenPattern Butterflies and or the Butterflies Die Cut Set that works with BOTH Butterfly sets!!! All stamps and embossing powders are from Stampendous!
I recently saw on pinterest a layered butterfly that I loved but it wasn't attached to anything, so I created a layered butterfly birthday card. Here is how I made it.
1. Stamp Butterfly from the Jumbo Butterfly Trio onto decorative paper, I used paper from The Paper Studio- Antiquity, in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.
2. Place the matching die over the stamped image and tape down using removable tape. Run it through your die cut machine.
3. Without stamping the butterfly, die cut from music sheet paper from the same pack as above and blue decorative paper from DCWV-The Old World Stack.
4. Sponge the music sheet butterfly with Tea Dye ink and the blue with Radiant Neon Electric Blue ink from Tsukineko.
5. Layer the stamped butterfly and the music sheet one on top of each other and bend the wings. Glue butterflies together (only the bodies) with Fabri-Tac glue from Beacon Adhesives.
5. Since my self adhesive pearls weren't sticking, I placed 3 drops of Dazzle Tac Jewelry Glue from Beacon Adhesives in a row on the butterfly body and placed the pearls on top.
6. Now set the Butterfly aside and stamp the bottom of a muted burgundy paper with Grunge Birthday using Versamark ink. Emboss with Ivory powder. For a grunge or shabby chic look the Ivory is much better than white. Then randomly stamp Grunge Birthday with London Fog Memento ink randomly and stamping off of the paper.
7. Lightly sprinkle Ivory embossing powder on the stamped panel and heat from underneath so the embossing powder doesn't blow off.
8. Glue paper to a tan panel sponged with Tea Dye ink.
9. Wrap corners with jute, glue to a light blue card sponged with Electric Blue ink and glue on butterfly.
10. Add Dot Sparklers (dot stickers) from Stampendous randomly to the card.
I made 8 of them for my stamp club ladies, hope they like them!
Tip and Trick #1
Keep your embellishments from falling off!
I have many, many different glues that work fine but the one that met all of my requirements is Dazzle Tac Jewelry Glue from Beacon Adhesives. It comes in a thin tube with a thin nozzle. I've never had the nozzle clog, I get a small dot and once dried my embellishments aren't going anywhere!
Give Away WednesdayStarting this month, the last Wednesday of each month, I will have a "Give Away Wednesday." The first week of each month I will have a post showing the give away stamp and the winner will be picked from the list of commenters on that post. Winners must have a USA address.
Stay connected and don't miss a thing!
Follow my blog (in the right column)