Where did the summer go? Kids are back in school, vacations are a not-so-distant memory, and it is once again time to get busy with the important things in life...crafting for the holidays! Yay! All of September the Dream Team will be featuring all the new goodies we have for the "Most wonderful time of the year", the fall and winter holiday season. New stencil designs, new dies, and...brand new embossing folders (the embossing folders will be available very soon so please keep checking back) featuring some of our top-selling designs, all to be found on-line through the Stencil with Style web-site, or your local papercrafting store.
Now for my card, I love elegant cards that look beautiful and are easy to do and I accomplished just that with this ornament Joy card.
Here's how my holiday inspiration for this week was made:1. Paste emboss the Oval Ornament stencil and Medium Oval stencil with gold paste, remove and clean stencil and let dry completely.
2. Place the stencil back over the embossed ornament and apply Crackle Embossing paste. Remove and clean stencil and let the ornament dry. The Crackle Paste will crack as it dries.
3. Place matching die over the ornament and run through your die cut machine. Now the paste is quite thick so you may have to use an exacto here and there to fully cut. You don't need to do this if you just paste emboss without the Crackle Paste.
4. Sponge the edges of the ornaments with Delicata Golden Glitz pigment ink from Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko for an elegant look. This is ink will dry completely on the paste.
5. Dry emboss the Chevron stencil through your embossing machine by layering the base plate, stencil, paper, rubber mat and top plate. You can spritz the back of your paper with water or alcohol to get a deeper impression.
6. Pop up the ornaments using 3D Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L, add gold cord and red ribbon then layer onto a gold panel and glue onto a white card using Beacon Adhesives 3 in 1 Glue.
7. Using the new Dual Alphabet dies, cut out the letters to spell JOY and place at the bottom of the card.
From Dreamweaver Stencils- DG674 Oval Ornament Die, LG674 Oval Ornament Stencil, LL3045 Medium Oval Stencil, LX7026 Chevron, Dreamweaver Stencils Metallic Gold Embossing Paste, Dreamweaver Stencils Crackle Embossing Paste, Dual Alphabet Dies
Plus- Delicata Golden Glitz pigment ink from Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko, red ribbon, gold cord, 3D Foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L, 3 in 1 Glue from Beacon Adhesives
Of course, we have our monthly challenge for you to play along, so post your own holiday creations, and use the Inlinkz tool on the Dream It Up! blog, for a chance to win the prize at the end of the month. We also have our fabulous Guest Designer for the month of September, Wendy Price!
Here's the list of our "A" Team with their links for the week:
Follow my blog (in the right column)
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram- stampthis
Add your creation for the September Challenge here!