Featured Post

Privacy Policy

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects your ...

Friday, September 26, 2008

No Background Paper Used Here!

Who needs background paper when you have stamps! I started with a cream panel and randomly stamped leaves (Stampendous) with butterscotch, lettuce and rust Adirondack inks, stamped the leaf two to three times before re-inking. Thanksgiving (Paper Inspirations) was then stamped with black VersaFine and the edges were sponged with butterscotch and layered onto clay colored paper. The card is cream cardstock that was stamped with an aged paper stamp (Paper Inspirations) using butterscotch Adirondack and the edges were sponged with the same ink. To make the glitter square I placed 1 1/2" double sided tape from Scor-Pal on clay paper leaving a small border on the top and bottom. Using a leaf punch, punch out a leaf and place the leaf on the center of the tape and sprinkle around it with sea green glitter (Stampendous). Tie the card with ribbon and mount all of the pieces.
~~~
I'm getting ready for a busy weekend. Melanie is going to the homecoming football game and dance that follows, which means I have to stay up till midnight to pick her up, wow is that way past my bed time! Then Saturday my husband won 4 tickets to a UCLA football game that starts at 12:30, so we will go to that for a few hours even though we are USC alumni, Go Trojans! We will need to rush home then go to Knott's Scary Farm with a pre-scare dinner that starts at 5:00. I think they stay open until 2 am, again way to late for me. And on Sunday Melanie has two water polo games. It makes me tired just thinking about it but it should be fun!
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend.

18 comments:

Lauri said...

Great idea with the background! and I need a nap just listening about your weekend plans!

The Rubber Maid said...

Love your card and how right you are, who does need background paper when we have stamps. This is lovely Jamie. Hope your weekend is a great one. Pat

Anonymous said...

I love the feel of this card. The color of the ribbon completes this card nicely. Good job!

Diane said...

Oh your card is so lovely!
I'm exhausted just reading about your weekend,hope you enjoy it!!!

Mescrap said...

I love the card and it's must a big challenge if no background paper used.

Shirley said...

Jamie, This is lovely. I really like what you did with the glitter and the leaf.

Carolina said...

Beautiful Fall card and your so right about no need for background paper on this beauty!

Jules said...

Very pretty card!
Love the different things you did on it!

Cheryl said...

Love your background! And that glittery square with the leaf is so cute!

Nancy said...

Great card. I love the background paper you made!

Unknown said...

very nice. I love it.
Vicki SBS

NancyK said...

WOW Jamie - no bg paper? Great way to use stamp and ink to make your own - which turned out beautifully!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!

Sierra Grannie said...

I love the sparkle. What a great card. TFS
Bev SBS11

Anonymous said...

You've been TAGGGED!

Toni K said...

This is such a pretty card. I love everything about it!

Curt in Indy said...

Jamie, this card is so stunning! I love everything about it! Gorgeous! Best, Curt

Anonymous said...

This is soooo pretty.