Featured Post

Privacy Policy

I'm working on a new privacy policy for my followers, but for now you should know that if you comment on my site, my site collects your ...

Monday, March 3, 2008

Yum, Yum

I have so much decorative paper I thought I better use some to make room for new! I'm just waiting for the Slab to come out with a new design, I find the Slab the most economical and you get so much paper. For this card I used my new Hero Arts clear set and inked it with black VersaFine which comes right off the stamps without staining as long as you clean them right away. When you use VersaFine be sure to heat set the ink so it doesn't smear. I then watercolored the cupcake using watercolor pencils, added glitter to the frosting with two way glue and then applied Crystal Lacquer to the flower to add shine.
Wow is it windy! One of our decorative shutters blew off the house last night and boy was I surprised to fine out that it's made out of plastic, who knew! So now it needs to be replaced rather than repaired and I have now idea where to get one that will match, this will really cut into my stamping time :( So I better go and get started.
Recipe
Stamps- Hero Arts
Ink- black VersaMark
Paper- The Slab, black and white cardstock
Plus- SU ticket punch, SU photo corner punch, circle stickers by Stampendous, ribbon, glitter, Crystal Lacquer

10 comments:

Toni said...

Very soothing colors ... a cupcake sounds right PERFECT just now, too! I like the 'photo corners', too.

Bridget said...

Very cute! I like the colors in the pattern paper. This is the second blog today with cupcakes. Now I want one lol

Anonymous said...

Very cute! The cupcake looks yummy and the papers are perfect!

Anonymous said...

That card is so cute and cheery, it makes you happy to look at, which a card should if it possibly can.

The Rubber Maid said...

Love the colors, you always seem to have a way with the colors and it's a good way. Pat

Jenn said...

Love this card!!! Cute colors and yummy cupcake!!! :D

Carolina said...

You know I'm going to love this one just for the cupcake alone...but it is just adorable! Love the dp and how you place your photo corners...too cute!

Charlotte said...

Now that's what I call a yummy card! TFS!

Janine said...

I really like this set... Great card.

Kanani said...

Cute card! All this talk about cupcakes and yummy has me getting out of my chair right now and going to my kitchen. Seriously.....

kanani-sbs5